Hello Warriors! The online application for the 2020-21 Scholar-Athlete Award is now available. Students will fill out the entire application online, which includes applicant background info, short-answer questions and essays. Judges will also be reviewing and scoring applications online.
Schools are limited to the number of students who will be considered for the award. Class A schools can nominate 6 boys and 6 girls, Class B can nominate 4 boys and 4 girls, Class C can nominate 3 boys and 3 girls and Class D can nominate 2 boys and 2 girls.
To get your students involved, here is what you need to do…
- Direct students to mhsaa.com/scholarship to start the application process.
- Once there, students will create an account.
- Finally, students will need to enter the Access Code provided to you by the MHSAA. 2021scholar
At this point students can start to fill out the different parts of the application. If they leave the application, they will pick up where they left off when they return. Students also need two letters of recommendation. Students can upload PDFs or Word docs themselves, or they can use the system to have recommenders upload recommendations themselves. The deadline is Dec. 4, at 4:00 p.m. Since the process is entirely online, there is no internal school deadline.
- For tips and instructions for students, click here.
- For more information about the Scholar-Athlete award, click here.
If you have questions contact Paige Winne at the MHSAA: email@example.com or 517-332-5046.